Wednesday, January 07, 2009

O'Brothers New Menus

We just received updated menus for O'Brothers Irish Pub from Joe(y) at Compound Graphics. There are quite a few changes from the original menu that we posted a while back. If you haven't paid the pub a visit, we encourage you to do so. Try the pickle chips!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bestest Mashed Potatoes Ever!

Anonymous said...

Been twice. The food's OK, but $9 for buffalo wings, $10-$12 for a burger, and $5 for domestic beers or $6 for imports, all adds up just a little too quick for my tastes.

Anonymous said...

Fried Pickle Chips are Delicious!

FunFitandHappy said...

Went for lunch today - food was ok - a bit pricey for what we got.

Service was mediocre at best: took a long time for food to arrive even though they weren't busy; asked for ketchup which never showed up; waiter didn't have change for a $5 for a tip.

I would have expected much better since they've been open for a month

Anonymous said...

I tried this place a couple weeks ago, and was not impressed. The main thing that I noticed were the sky-high prices. And if you're expecting a real "pub" then you'll be disappointed. They maybe have one thing on the whole menu that's actually Irish. The rest of it is just normal unhealthy fried American stuff (fried chicken tenders, burgers, fries, buffalo wings) with cliche Irish-sounding names. It's a total copy of Beef O'Brady's/Bennigans/O'Charley's, except a lot more expensive. The really annoying thing is that most beers at this place run $6, unless you go super early and catch their happy hour. And even then, their "happy hour" beer prices are just the same $3.50 that every other place charges for their non-happy hour prices. And the food is equally overpriced...the burger I had was $11 or $12, fried fish and fries is $14, etc. No joke, the Brick and Biscottis are actually cheaper than this place, and have much better food.

Anonymous said...

I gave O'Brothers a shot this weekend, and I had read the other comments on this page before going. I thought maybe people were being unfair. Well, they're not. A better name for this place would be "O'God look at those prices".

The waiter bragged about their happy hour, so I had a few beers. Well, I didn't realize (and he never told me) that their happy hour ended at 7 (10 minutes after we sat down). I thought this was kind of a dirty trick to be honest. After the first beer, I got charged $6+tax for each beer I had ordered! Ouch. And their $3.50+tax price for the one beer I squeezed in during happy hour wasn't so hot either. European street's regular prices are the same as this place's happy hour price.

The food was alright. Nothing to write home about, but nothing really wrong with it either. I agree with the others who say this place just isn't worth the price.