Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Polls

As you can see on our side bar to the left, we are going to start posting different polls regularly in an attempt to get you guys (the readers) more involved. Today's poll is self explanatory and, admittedly, was done on the fly. Let us know where you would like for us to hold our staff meeting tomorrow night. The choices are pretty much our usual haunts with the exception of Ham's on Roosevelt Boulevard. We try not to visit chain restaurants but several Jacksonville Confidential staff members suggested it, so we added it to the list.

We would love for you guys to send us some suggestions for places to check out for next weeks staff meeting. Try to keep your suggestions centered on restaurants in our urban core (Riverside/Avondale/Ortega/Downtown/San Marco). You guys probably know most of the places we frequent, so no need to mention those. We are really trying to venture out and try some new stuff and can't wait to hear from you.

22 comments:

sarah said...

It's not in the "urbancore" but I'd love for you guys to make it by Native Sun Natural Foods Market. Maybe on a Healthy Happy Hour night for free Beer & Wine samples?? Next one is this Thursday (and every third thursday)from 6 - 8pm at our Baymeadows/9A location.

Anonymous said...

Ummm E-street is a "chain" resturant *Cough cough*

Anonymous said...

Estreet is all family owned with several locations.

Anonymous said...

Still, more than one location makes it a chain. Chick-Fil-A is privately owned but they are located all over the united states. I.E. a "chain"

Anonymous said...

Chick-Fil-A hates the gays.

Anonymous said...

So Does Cracker Barrel but I still eat there! D-lish

Anonymous said...

You should try Mare's on Hendricks

Anonymous said...

We went and tried OBrothers out, and wasn't that impressed. It's a Bennigan's ripoff, where the menu is just your typical cheeseburgers, fried chicken tenders, buffalo wings, etc., but everything has a cliche Irish-sounding name. And for a "Pub" the drinks are way overpriced. We ordered a cup of soup, a single order of buffalo wings, and two burgers, plus a couple beers, and the bill came out to $70. For that price, we could've gone to BB's, biscottis, the Brick, etc. It's not worth it.

Anonymous said...

Hams cheese fries app. Is amazing, so big and has real cheese on top and bacon, not fake cheese wiz. Waffle cut too, yum!

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous: Whats Mare's?

To Anonymous: You need a calculator or a math class.

To Anonymous: HOAT!

Anonymous said...

Ham's last inspection had 19 Critical Violations and 14 non-critical violations, and require a follow up inspection. Bon Appetite!

Anonymous said...

That just means it's extra good. FYI that doesn't stop people from going to La Nap

Anonymous said...

Why dont you go to the Blue Oyster Bar?

Anonymous said...

I think i saw your "news room chief" at Hams a few weeks ago in all camo eating cheese fries with extra bacon and ranch dressing.

The Editor said...

Now THAT made me laugh out loud for real.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that was me. I'm sure I was with one of many I know with male titties. Don't forget that I also had a bowl of "diet" sour cream and 40 cokes to wash it all down. That is what I call good eatin' NL.

Anonymous said...

This blog reads like a soap opera story line. All this chatter over food. It makes me laugh. I am gonna ask no one to hate on my boo and his bowl of fat free sour cream. Let the man eat and be happy! LOL I vote 'Jerome Brown BBQ on Nort Main Skreet.'
Oh and as far as spending $70 at O'Brothers.....girl, you need to admit that you had more than a few beers......Good day.

Anonymous said...

You guys haven't been to sharx wings yet! Go there next week.

Anonymous said...

Re: Hamms
I was going to mention all the nasty health violations which is particularly sad for a 'new' construction bldg, but my 8 yr old loves it, so you guys should be fine! I recommend the patty melt....yummmmmm!

Anonymous said...

yummm...food.
Progressive lunch route...
soup starter at Angies Lunch Counter in Ortega. Entree selection at Soul Food Bistro. Dessert at Let Them EAt Cake! in avondale and then coffee drink/martini for the finale at The Brick and then home to take a nap!

Anonymous said...

This voting system is rigged....

The Editor said...

NO EFFIN WAY. I set it so peeps could only vote once. Dont make me pop off!