Monday, January 19, 2009

Say WHAT?!?!?!

We just received a comment from a reader regarding one of our posts about Sharx Wings & Grill. The reader and a friend apparently stopped in for a bite and they were pretty happy with the meal, until......THEY WERE CHARGED 99 CENTS FOR WATER!? WTF? Here's the full story...

"We stopped in for a small snack after shopping. We were the only customers during our entire visit and sat at a clean booth. They only served a hamburger, appetizers and wings during the time we were there. I'm not sure if this is typical for evenings, or just at certain times. The service was good and the food was also tasty, however the "jumbo" wings were definitely not. However, the low rating clearly comes from something that really got my goat...a charge of $.99 each for water that appeared on our bill at the end of the meal. This is truly highway robbery at its best. We paid, left a good gratuity, and now I feel okay complaining about being taken advantage of. I did not complain about the water charge, but I'm sure they know this is not the norm. I have never been charged for tap water anywhere...let alone in Jacksonville and at a sit down restaurant. We will never return because of this dishonest behavior and I thought you should know too!"

Obviously we concur with our anonymous reader and think that sneaking a $.99 charge on customers' receipts for water is very shady. Be warned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang! Now I really cant wait to NEVER go there!

Anonymous said...

They probably assumed you were a dummy for going there in the first place.

Anonymous said...

This place is officially off my list of places to try out. Who charges for TAP WATER? What a ripoff.

WTF???

Anonymous said...

I would ask to drink from a hose outside next time