Walkers Wine Bar is located at 2692 Post Street, on the corner of King and Post Streets across from Park Place Lounge. Their grand opening is tomorrow night, Saturday, April 18th, from 7PM to 2AM. For a preliminary review from their soft opening a few weeks ago, check out this link from Review Jax.

Picture courtesy of MetroJacksonville.

18 comments:
no one is spending money, no one is drinking wine, good luck
Walker's should be a great addition to the neighborhood. looking forward to sampling wine there myself. Best of luck to them.
@anonymous: One product that has proven resistant to recessions is Alcohol.
When times are good people are going to drink. When times are bad, people are going to drink more.
alcoholic beverages, not wine
Don't believe everything you read in the doom-and-gloom media - the economy may be contracting by 8-10% that still leaves at least 80% of us relatively unscathed, and we're still drinking wine, buying grocering, going out to dinner, taking vacations, etc. We're just doing it with cash instead of credit.
I am not going to let Fox News dictate my happiness level or how I live my life.
nice statement but the reality is quite different, look at all the closed restaurants, and I have been a waiter for years and everyone I know who works in the business agrees, it is bad, really bad, operating costs are getting higher while the customer base contracts and is split among competing bars and restaurants. no one is making money and many more will close, so you my friend are living in a fantasy land. Im glad you have not been affected, there are too many jobs lost and homes lost to sustain the kind of business level to keep nice places like this one open and profitable.
Whether or not this new "Walkers Wine Bar" succeeds has less to do with the parlous economy than whether it is a viable well-run business. Even in a thriving economy, most restaurants, even good ones, fail within their first year.
I wish them all the luck in the world, because I want to see more businesses of this type, or indeed almost any type, dotted around Riverside.
I was just trying to take the edge off the creeping negativity that adds nothing to the discussion by stating some basic true facts, which can be independently checked. Being 40 years old, I've survived 5 separate 'economic downturns' without my entire world imploding by retaining the proper perspective.
how many times do any of you frequent riverside liquors? they have an enormous wine selection and beautiful bar area for sampling wine, probably the largest selection in all rside/avondale. do we really need another wine bar? the ones we have now are not busy. reality is reality and wine bars are not an economically sound investment in jacksonville, but it sounds nice to say you have one in the neighborhood, you might go once or twice, makes you feel chic, but it is still jacksonville and there are not enough chic people here ..... sorry the truth hurts
I am lucky enough to live with my little family so far down from the norm of overspending & gratuitous greed, that I welcome ANY additions to the 'hood and anything that can & hopefully will make folks happy! Everything good is GREAT......
...continuation of previous post-
and yes, times are hard, I agree but all of you 'want it yesterday, I can have it now, Mom & Dad will get it' folks, have FINALLY seen what's up......but then I forgot....ooops, if you can't tell time b/c you don't need a watch, why would you care what time it is?????
Sorry, must go back to the 'truth hurts' poster person.... I have lived in J-ville all my life ....48 yrs and yes the truth hurts person is soo right...... that whole pig & lipstick thing runs true!
Holy crapola... last poster at 12:42... please tell me you posted that because, everything else made me think I had written it, but I don't think I did....thanks friend person!
I am crazy poster guy... but FYI, the chinese take out place next door to Target...has without a doubt....the BEST Hot & Sour soup EVER..... Try it, you'll love it!
I mean to clarify....the Super Target on Roosevelt Blvd. Yea!!!
I was at Walkers for the second time last night; seated in the front room next to a party of about 10, gathered for the birthday of some big LA artist. I know right!?!?
I wondered to my date - and he then asked one of the party, how they found themselves at such a new and out-of-the-way place in Jacksonville. She said it had been suggested by the concierge at their hotel as a nicer choice than the obvious places one might send some visiting hotshot. Judging by the number of empty Champagne bottles and the poshness of this group, Walkers is off to a running start, with good word-of-mouth advertising; which is significant in these lean times when it seems the public is more apt to diminish new ventures, than encourage them. Best wishes for continued and lasting success to Walkers both within our neighborhood and beyond.
Certainly a better addition to the block then the Burger Slut and that Gross "Mu Shu Kitty" take out place! Cycedelic Fixity...good riddance! That bronx asshole had his hand on his gun under the counter while I asked a bike question one day.
Well, I certainly will be checking it out. Bars and strip clubs are recession proof. I am pretty sure most large chain restaurants are too, considering I work at one and we have had record sales this year.
Tory? Really? How could that thief get a job and have the balls to even show is face in Jacksonville again? WOW! Someone needs to let the owner know some history!
Post a Comment