Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Derby House - Now Serving Beer

You guys know we are always super elated when places in Riverside/Avondale/Murray Hill start selling beer or liquor. Well, long term 5 Points anchor Derby House has started doing just that. They also have a nice outdoor addition to the eatery right next to the 5 Points Newsstand. Now "Serveing"! Yes, some Engrish too!

Submitted by Joe(y).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now people can yell at drivers that STILL don't know that Park Street has the right of way....

Anonymous said...

Meh. I dunno about drinking at Derby House. It would probably be faster to ferment your own glass of beer right at your table, instead of waiting for any of those waitresses to come over. Atrocious service.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why the comments on this site are so nasty. It's like you all won't be happy until every restaurant is out of business. I've always had great service at the Derby House. And *shocker* I also had good food at the Bungalow.

But yeah, the Five Points intersection is a total cluster.

Peter said...

you should check out their menu. It has some nice engrish in it as well, but I still love to eat there.

Anonymous said...

ate there once a long time ago and didn't think it was that great. Haven't been back since.

Anonymous said...

true about the service not being very good. the food is ok, nothing special, but it's edible. haven't been there in a white though.

Anonymous said...

Have you been there in a black?