Thursday, May 14, 2009

La Fiesta is Closing

We just caught wind of some very depressing news. It seems that La Fiesta Mexican Restaurant on Edgewood Avenue in Murray Hill is closing down. Tomorrow, May 16th will be its last day of operation. We're certainly thankful that we got a chance to pop in a few months ago and try out the amazing food. You will be missed La Fiesta.

Submitted by Sarah.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really sucks. I hoped they would make it. The food was so good.

Mark said...

La Nop is just too powerful... never even knew this existed!

Nancy White said...

sad but true. every time we tried it the food was great - and they seemed busy. tough times for small restaurants though.

sarah said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We just moved to Murray Hill & loved the staff & food at La Fiesta. That stinks! I was just saying the other day how I really hoped they wouldn't close. First 1171, now this, next up Sushi House. ugh.

Anonymous said...

That's unfortunate news for local business. But I'd like to offer a tip, now, it's not really in the hood, but pepe's hacienda/tortillaria blows all these other joints out of the water. I would recommend the camarones a la diabla. I tried the same dish at la nop and pepe's. la nop's shrimp were flat and mushy. pepe's were blossoming butterflies of perfection. not to mention they make their own tortillas and have mexican coke in a bottle and a whole store with of treats.

Anonymous said...

that's sad, it was a cute place with great food. Only ate there once, but had hoped to go back. Rumor is that La Nopalaro is opening next to Ham's on Roos. Blvd. But, I still feel bad for La Fiesta....

Jennifer Perez said...

I'M GONNA HAVE TO GO THERE FOR LUNCH TODAY

The Editor said...

The Rumor about La Nopalera on Roosevelt is VERY TRUE, I havent been able to get an actual date of opening from anyone.

Where is this "Pepes Hacienda"? Im very interested.

Anonymous said...

It is in the San Jose Forest section of Southside (3615 Dupont Ave) so it definitely means dusting off the car for a road trip, at least for those of us who live/work/eat/breathe in Riverside and rarely if ever use our cars.

Anonymous said...

Thank you re: Pepe's location!

Anonymous said...

Also try Los Portales at:

4100 Belfort Rd # 4
Jacksonville, FL 32216

They have some awesome food & it comes out quick!!! It has Happy Hour, Mexican music, Univision, a bar, it has nice booths, & the food is WAY better than La Nop. They have awesome shredded beef tacos.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone talked to the owner? Was it lack of patrons? Skyrocketing MH rent?

Anonymous said...

ENGRISH!! "will be IT'S last day of operation". tsk, tsk, tsk...