Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kickbacks Sandwiches and Home Style Cooking?

Uh-oh, we definitely see some legal action in the near future for Kickbacks Sandwiches and Home Style Cooking that is going in across from the Library on Edgewood Avenue (845 Edgewood Avenue). Why? Because the name Kickbacks is already taken by our friend Steve and his gastropub at 910 King Street. We called Steve just to make sure that this establishment was not in conjunction with his and he assured us that the Murray Hill sandwich shop is in NO WAY AFFILIATED with his popular eatery. Don't be fooled by imitations.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to send hate mail before they even open.

Anonymous said...

maybe the clientele will be better than the original kickbacks and their trashy staff

Anonymous said...

Regarding the previous comment, the staff is no longer trashy and if you don't like the clientele then you probably don't live in or near Riverside. Our clientele is a representative sample of the eclectic neighborhood we live in.

Regarding Kickbacks Sandwiches, I actually visited them yesterday and informed them that I love their name...so much so that I chose it 3 years ago for my business. They weren't aware of us. (So much for market research) I told them that I wouldn't care if I were in another city or another type of business or if I were more than 1.4 miles away and didn't sell sandwiches. I've already received many phone calls from people confused about our "new location". I told them that our lawyer would probably be sending them a cease and desist letter and they said that they had lawyers too and they were keeping the name. I informed them that it would be cheaper to change the name before they open for business and by this point they weren't any longer in the mood to talk to me. I wonder if they will open and go out of business before they legally have to change the name. Steve at Kickbacks Gastropub.

P.S. Gotta run...I'm hard at work trying to open my new gourmet coffee joint. I'm calling it Starbux.

Anonymous said...

I love you Steve. I am gonna open up Furst Coast Tessing next door to your Starbux.

The Editor said...

Yes, and JaxSunBill Cornfried-dentals

Anonymous said...

..and Corn Pound Graph Inks.

Anonymous said...

I love and frequent Kickbacks, but I think "gastropub" should be added to the list of "words that should be banned" along with "green", "maverick", "staycation", "iconic", etc

Why not call it "Kickbacks Sandwiches & Home Style Cooking"? :D

Anonymous said...

To the last comment, maybe you should expand your horizons, travel a bit, find out what gastropub means and get back to us.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we already know what a gastropub is but aren't hyperfoodie jerkoffs. This isn't the uk and even if it was, the term is stupid.

Anonymous said...

Coming from someone that uses the term "hyperfoodie"? Sorry, you just failed, good try though.

Anonymous said...

I love Kickbacks Sandwiches.....Gastrpub needs to get over it....

Anonymous said...

I love the murals the children painted on the front windows of the building. Nice and colorful.